In-Person Worship is Back!
One Church, Two Locations
Beginning May 31 and beyond, we will have two places to worship each Sunday at 9:00 and 10:30 a.m.
You can worship at NEWSONG's facility located at 18465 Old Perkins Road in Prairieville OR you can worship at our Online Church Campus at newsongcommunity.church. We are all the NEWSONG family regardless of where you worship!
If you're among the vulnerable or compromised population or if you're just not quite ready to venture outside yet, we encourage you to continue worshiping at our Online Church Campus. We respect your decision and walk in agreement with you.
NEWSONG Together Campus
NEWSONG Together will continue as a virtual option to engage as the Church. It's not really an alternative to in-person services. It's simply another way we can join together until we are all able to meet together.
We will continue to worship together through Public Chat on Facebook, YouTube and NEWSONG Online Church, Live Prayer requests, and the Digital Connection Card to see people Engage with God, with one another, and with the world as we become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
NEWSONG Together will continue to be live at 9am and replayed at 10:30am with interaction with a host and the rest of the community. We will engage and shepherd everyone who participates. Those online are as important to us as those who will be meeting in person.
We are excited to have personal connections face-to-face again beginning May 31, 2020. In-Person Services are BACK -- but they aren't back as usual. Here's a look at some of the changes you may notice.
ENTERING THE BUILDING
As you enter the building, you'll be greeted with a smile and wave instead of a hug or handshake. You'll probably see a volunteer sanitizing surfaces -- they'll be cleaning all morning long.
In order to help the most people feel safe, we're removing all of the normal stuff you may be used to touching: coffee, donut holes, water, handouts, etc. and replacing them with hand-sanitizing stations. I know for the coffee lovers out there, you'll want to be prepared with your own dose of caffeine. 😎
KidSong classes, including nursery, will not reopen until our Governor moves the state of Louisiana into Phase 3. We believe God is giving us an opportunity for our children to witness their parents worshiping and engaging in the services. Parents can continue to minister to their children at home, utilizing the Family Worship Time card found here.
Our childcare for infants to 2 year olds will reopen when our Governor moves the state to Phase 3.
IN THE NEWSONG worship space
As you enter the NEWSONG worship space, you'll notice we've rearranged the seats to provide more social distance between family units and individuals. We will have a second small worship space in the youth room with the same arrangement so we can accommodate more people who desire to worship in person.
We will keep services to under an hour, and give you plenty of time to chat and reconnect with one other. You may be comfortable giving a bear-hug to your neighbor, but they may not feel comfortable receiving it! So when you reconnect, please do so outside and at a social distance.
We encourage everyone over age 5 to wear a mask, and we will have one available for you each Sunday if you do not have one.
This topic is a polarizing one. We understand. There's a lot of noise in the world right now related to COVID-19. We're not attempting to clarify that noise or take a stance one way or the other, but we are trying to make church a place that feels safe to others and respect the government and UMC authorities.
Our encouragement to wear a mask comes from a desire to love our neighbors and help others feel more safe and comfortable worshipping together. If you have concerns about this, please read this excellent article. If you still have concerns, please email [email protected] so we can hear from you and answer any questions you may have.
YOUTH at NEWSONG
At this time, the youth will continue to meet virtually through social media outlets and Zoom. We are doing this out of caution for our youth and those they live with.
ENGAGE GROUPS and BIBLE STUDIES
All small group gatherings will continue to meet virtually into the near future until further notice. We normally take the summer off from Engage Groups so we will continue that this year. We are encouraging the Engage Groups to connect through Zoom once a month to remain connected with one another and to check in with each other.
Hey NewSong community and friends,
I pray you are resting in the knowledge that God is still above all in our lives and throughout the world. I wanted to touch base with all of you regarding our direction for the foreseeable future.
As we continue to discover what the future looks like, I want to encourage you to continue to spend this time investing in your relationship with Jesus, your family and your other relationships. I know many of you have taken advantage of this time and are experiencing blessings in the midst of upheaval. We are offering various opportunities for you to be challenged and encouraged in your faith as we all grow to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. Some of the offerings are:
- Engage Groups: these groups are continuing to meet via Zoom. If you have any questions, you can go to https://newsongcommunity.church/engage-groups and connect with the leader of the group.
- John Q&A: We live-stream this every Wednesday from 11:45-12:15 at facebook.com/newsongcommunityla. We discuss the message from Sunday and how we can apply what the Word of God is calling us to. We also answer submitted questions. This is a time to grow in your understanding of the Word of God and to be encouraged in your faith. If you can’t attend during the live-stream, you can always go back and watch it later
- Community Prayer: We come together on Thursday at 7pm at facebook.com/newsongcommunityla for a time of prayer. We use the model of prayer Jesus gave the disciples and walk through that as a community. We ask people to submit their prayer concerns and we pray together as Jesus calls us to. It just happens to be through the beautiful technology God has given us. Come pray with us! It will be a refreshing time for you to join others in making our request known to God.
- RightNow Media: This is the Netflix of the Christian world. There is so much available to you and it is all free. There are great conferences, Bible Studies, and other offerings that will help you engage in your relationship with God and with others. The kids section is tremendous! Go to newsongcommunity.church/connect. Fill out the information and you will receive an invitation to RightNow Media. It’s a gift to our entire community.
These are just a few of the offerings we have available. If there is anything else you may need, let us know and if we are able, we will try to offer it.
We will continue to ONLY live-stream for the coming weeks until the restrictions and recommendations given by the government officials are lifted. We continue to do this because:
- We are loving our neighbors by protecting our neighbors.
- We are not living in fear. We are being responsible and respectful of our leaders.
- This is what love requires of us in this season.
So, come together with us as we worship our God TOGETHER....Online:
Live on Facebook
- 9am (with a scheduled watch party at 10:30am) https://www.facebook.com/NewSongCommunityLA
Live On YouTube
- 9am newsongcommunity.church/YouTube (or watch the recorded services at your convenience.)
Live on NewSong Online Church
- 9am & 10:30am https://newsongcommunity.online.church/
- Please note that even though we are not physically together for worship, you can still worship through your weekly giving. You all have been very generous during this difficult time and I am so appreciative of your faith in God revealed through your generosity. We continue to work at moving the NewSong community forward as we strive to be the Church and we still need your giving in order to continue our mission. You can give electronically online at newsongcommunity.church/giving
I again reiterate these considerations:
- Please wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds (that is essentially the time it takes to say The Lord’s Prayer) pre and post meals, and post bathroom visits and mid morning, mid afternoon, mid evening and before you go to bed.
- If you cough or sneeze, please cough into a Kleenex or your covered sleeve. If you are coughing and sneezing, you may want to consider decreasing contact with others until the symptoms pass. Also stay clear of anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- If you are sick, please seek the help of your medical professionals and eliminate contact with others.
- If you become sick, please let members of your Engage Group, Bible Study or friends know. Or let us know through https://newsongcommunity.church/contact-us so we can pray for you and support you during this time.
- When you are able, please support our local businesses by ordering out for delivery, pick or drive through. All of our businesses need us to continue to support them in whatever way we can.
We will continue to monitor the situation and if we become aware of a need for any changes, we will communicate any updates to you.
Please continue to be in prayer for community, national, and world leaders as they navigate this pandemic. This has been difficult for everyone and we need to continue to stand arm in arm with everyone. Pray for those who are at risk and those who are fearful and anxious at this time. We continue to pray that God will slow or eliminate the continued spread of this virus.
Finally, “Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Count on it...That’s right. Because I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I’m not letting go. I’m telling you, ‘Don’t panic. I’m right here to help you.’”
Isaiah 41:10; 13 (The Message)
If there is anything that I or the church can do for you, please contact me on my cellphone (318) 548.2338 or email at [email protected].